What's new

Act 3-10 - The Night of the Jabberwocky (Challenge and Challenge+)

Anvil

1★ Reputation
BFTLS Name
RandHammer
So, anyone else finding this to be impossible? One fully ascended squad is half-dead before any squad even gets a turn, which means I don't have any BC by their first turn and by the second turn half are dead. Lucana, my healer (if still alive), can't heal enough to keep everyone alive is subsequent turns. Tried a lightning team in the bottom squad (least targeted) to kill the Jabberwocky quickly (not possible) and they were dead in three turns (with healing) due to Elemental Blooming spamming. I haven't even tried Challenge+ yet.

This may need to get nerfed.

Bladehappy911

1★ Reputation
BFTLS Name
Bladehappy911
I cannot explain the frustration I am having with this, you hardly have anytime to save crystals and attack...this is such a difficult map. You are not alone!

Taloo

3★ Reputation
BFTLS Name
Taloo
It's rough but doable.

I'd try building higher initiative squads maybe. Weapons with BB cost reduction help as does any passive BC gen or healing you might have.

I 1 shot challenge+ so dont remember much but I think 2 squads went before the enemy. Guarded anyone not tanky, popped heals over time/BC gen BBs, built the BC to nuke one squad 3x and follow up to clear the squad with next teams BB. Repeated for 2nd enemy squad.

I planned to poison the wocky but had bad luck and ended up killing him with buffed Shion/Alya BBs. Ended the fight with less than one full squad alive so its damned hard but even so with a little luck and planning it should be doable with a decent box of units.

Oh and thunder units are a double edged sword. Blooming will wreck them if you try to run a full squad with a disadvantaged healer. I used a couple Thunder units but only for their buffs and split them between my squads. Wocky will wreck any fire units so use them with caution as well.

Last edited:

Vannilla

4★ Reputation
BFTLS Name
Vannilla
I ended up giving up completely.
My fastest team isn't fast enough, and my strongest units aren't enough to bring down the enemies.
And this at normal Challenge, I didn't even try Challenge+.

Taloo

3★ Reputation
BFTLS Name
Taloo
I ended up giving up completely.
My fastest team isn't fast enough, and my strongest units aren't enough to bring down the enemies.
And this at normal Challenge, I didn't even try Challenge+.
Mindtossing up a screenshot of what teams you were using?

Anvil

1★ Reputation
BFTLS Name
RandHammer
It's rough but doable.

I'd try building higher initiative squads maybe. Weapons with BB cost reduction help as does any passive BC gen or healing you might have.

I 1 shot challenge+ so dont remember much but I think 2 squads went before the enemy. Guarded anyone not tanky, popped heals over time/BC gen BBs, built the BC to nuke one squad 3x and follow up to clear the squad with next teams BB. Repeated for 2nd enemy squad.

I planned to poison the wocky but had bad luck and ended up killing him with buffed Shion/Alya BBs. Ended the fight with less than one full squad alive so its damned hard but even so with a little luck and planning it should be doable with a decent box of units.
I wonder how many made it through. I have all ascended units to build good squads. None of them are maxed, but I do prioritize BC, Def, and HP. I guess the frustration is that it feels only intended for those that have maxed out their units, or are further down that road.

Dredgel

1★ Reputation
BFTLS Name
Dredgel
tell me about it... tales bifrost 3-7 i could practically autobattle, 3-8 on the other hand, out of 10 tries i killed 12/15 units at best. whoever is adjusting difficulty should not limit him/herself to setting unit lvl. and then, theres final map with restricted lead vs maxed volund team (1700+hp ~~ ).

Taloo

3★ Reputation
BFTLS Name
Taloo
@Taloo
Sorry for the late reply, I forgot about this...
We can probably argue about the position of the units, but there's still the fact that they don't have enough stats.
Is that really what you were using leads and all? Can't tell who's behind brooks volunds hammer but 2nd and 3rd squads seem almost haphazard. Dont know what your box and healer situation looks like but you absolutely needed more effective teams that took better advantage of leader skills.

Top lead is wood only but has units that dont benefit while you've got a willem in your bottom squad for example. For difficult content except in VERY specific corner cases you need a 50%all leader skill that the entire squad takes advantage of. Glass cannon squads like a Baldr all element lead can be workable but absolutely require a near ideal squad skill and stat wise.

Defense and sustainability are king in any fight that doesnt have a melt the world style turn limit. Every unit that dies means you generate less BC, future damage is spread across fewer units, and you're taking fewer actions for every enemy turn. Unless your strategy involves sacrificing a unit or squad for a huge reduction in enemy forces you need to build squads designed to survive. In this specific fight that's what I did but only because I was lazy. It's not a strategy I'd suggest.

Vannilla

4★ Reputation
BFTLS Name
Vannilla
I'm aware there were shortcomings from those teams, but there is still a problem: those units are still weak in base stats.
I wasn't expecting this kind of battle in Challenge mode (not even Challenge+), so I spent my time ascending units rather than powering them up.
Even if I were to make better teams, they would still be killed almost instantly.

Taloo

3★ Reputation
BFTLS Name
Taloo
I'm aware there were shortcomings from those teams, but there is still a problem: those units are still weak in base stats.
I wasn't expecting this kind of battle in Challenge mode (not even Challenge+), so I spent my time ascending units rather than powering them up.
Even if I were to make better teams, they would still be killed almost instantly.
They were weak in base stats because of your team composition v leader skill choice. Every unit in your top squad should have been wood element and your bottom squad should have been built around a 50%stat boost lead.

Krantz and shion are the only two units I have with more than 500 mastery points myself aside from some random rares who I've duped a lot. I chose to ascend all my units first as well other than maxing summoner mastery on my primary arena units as you can see.

Attachments